Date of Post: 02 Dec, 2017
Noida: The YEIDA (Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority) is all set to revive the high-speed Metro rail project between the Greater Noida & international airport at Jewar. A committee headed by Officer, on Friday, was set up by officer on special duty, Shailender Bhatia to study the feasibility of the proposal & to appoint DMRC to prepare a techno-economic feasibility report (TEFR) along with a DPR (Detailed Project Report) for the proposed corridor.
- A meeting of the committee, which includes officials from YEIDA’s planning department is scheduled to be held early next week, according to YEIDA officials.
- Arun Vir Singh, CEO, YEIDA said,”The committee will mull over our past proposals for providing connectivity to the sanctioned airport near Jewar.”
- Singh said,”After this, we will seek an approval from the Board this month before formally informing DMRC to take our proposal further on track by preparing its feasibility and thereafter a DPR.”
About The project-
- The proposed 39km long Metro track will be aligned at road level along the Yamuna Expressway.
- It will link the zero point of the Yamuna Expressway in Greater Noida to the airport.
- This track will also be linked to the almost complete 29.7km long Aqua Metro corridor connecting Noida & Greater Noida.
Image Credit: Surbana Jurong