Date of Post : 24 Aug, 2017
Mumbai: While all zonal railways in process to make their division cleanest as part of Swachhta Pakhwada (cleanliness fortnight).
The Western Railway has announced it as a competition & prizes will be given for the best station, best train, best toilets & best food stalls.
The drive was inaugurated on August 16 and will end on August 31.
It is not limited to the stations & trains, but there will be a check on the houses of officials & their areas.
The A1 & A stations will be checked thoroughly, & cleanliness of linen, toilets, & seats will be taken into account at the time of deciding on the prizes.
- An official from WR said,“We have set up a dedicated team to oversee the work and they will ensure cleanliness at its best.”
- The Swachhta Pakhwada will also be monitored through CCTV cameras.
- The footages will be sent to the Railway Board as a comprehensive report.
- All efforts should be made to ensure at least one platform at important stations to be litter-free, the official said.
- The cleanliness drive includes working on number of dustbins required, on-board cleaning of coaches, quality of linen, toilets, washing lines, waiting rooms, rest rooms, pantry cars & base kitchens, hospitals, schools, canteens & stalls.
- A committee has been formed to judge the cleanliness between August 26 & August 30.
- It was DRM Mukul Jain’s idea to inculcate a spirit of healthy competition in staff & contractors, said Saurabh Prasad, additional divisional railway manager, WR.
- “This will spur our division towards Swachh rail. Accordingly, we shall judge our stations, trains, food stalls, toilets, offices, maintenance units and colonies on various parameters of cleanliness and housekeeping. We shall also recognise employees doing commendable work.”