Date of Post: 4 Feb, 2019
Thiruvananthapuram: The work on the proposed semi-high speed rail corridor between Thiruvananthapuram and Kasaragod will commence next year, Finance Minister Thomas Isaac announced in the 2019-20 Kerala budget presented on 31.01.2019.
- The 515-km elevated corridor is estimated to cost Rs 55,000 crore.
- High speed trains would run at 180 kmph between the state capital to Kasaragod.
- When completed the time taken to travel between the Kasargod to state capital would be just 4 hours.
- The project will be executed by the KRDCL (Kerala Railway Development Corporation Limited), the joint venture company under Government of Kerala and the Ministry of Railways for augmenting the railway infrastructure within the State.
- The financial resources for the project, would be mobilised through foreign loans and from within the country.
- The semi-high speed rail project is expected to be completed in 7 years.
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )