Date Of Post: 22 Dec, 2017
Surat: Work to redevelop Surat station into Multi-Modal Transport Hub would begin in the second half of 2018. The process to set up a SPV (special purpose vehicle) for it has been completed by IRSDC (Indian Railway Station Development Corporation). However, the final decision on the mode of finance for the Rs 5,000 crore is yet to be decided.
- Indian Railways has 63%, Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation 34% and SMC 3% stake in the SPV named Surat Integrated Transport Development Corporation Limited (SITCO), IRSDC MD & CEO Sanjiv Lohia said.
- Lohia said,”Airports Authority of India (AAI) had expressed its reservation in granting approval for the proposed 61 floor buildings to be constructed during redevelopment because it came in the flight path of aircraft. The issue has been sorted out and AAI would grant approval for 140 metre high buildings at the project site.”
- FSI (Floor Space Index) of 4 would be granted by SMC for the project, which will come up on around 2.50 lakh square metre of land.
- Sources said, initially, four 61 floor buildings were envisaged, but now six 42 floor buildings would be constructed at the same site.
- Lohia said,”Our new concept design would consume the entire FSI fully without compromising on development design. Care will be taken to maintain built up area and ensure complete integration of all aspects of the project which would be a landmark in India.”
- With planning & conceptualization of the project almost complete, the next meeting of stakeholders would focus on deciding on the mode of finance for it.
Image Credit: Ministry of Railway