Date of Post: 11 Sep, 2017
Jammu: The work on the DPR (Detailed Project Report) of the ambitious Metro Rail project in Jammu, which is being prepared by RITES, is almost complete.
According to the DPR, the metro will run on 2 routes instead of 3, but it will be able to benefit 50 percent of the areas of Jammu City.
The DPR will have Metro stations after every kilometer on both 2 routes. There will be a total of 36 metro stations on both routes.
- From Khairi to the exhibition grounds there will be a underground route, a total of 11 stations will have on this route.
- From Barnai to Bari Brahmana, metro will run elevated & Underground.
- There will be 25 stations on this route.
- After completion of the DPR, RITES will now pass it to IRA and JDA.
- After this, loan will be applied for starting work on the Metro.
First phase DPR complete
- In the first phase, work on DPR has been completed.
- The RITES has estimated the number of passengers at every station in the DPR on the basis of survey.
- In the DPR, there is a possibility of 150 to 200 passengers at every station.
- In the first phase, Jammu Metro will cover 50% of the city.
- Commuters from the exhibition grounds will be able to take the Metro for any route.
- After the DPR arrives, IRA will start the action after taking the loan from October.
- Rights has also completed all the formalities.
Changes in the DPR
- In the first route, the metro will run from the Khairi to the exhibition ground instead of the subway pond, while the other route will be from Barnai to Bari Brahmin.
- Two railway stations have been added along with Jammu from the Barnai route.