Date of Post: 15 Sep, 2018
At the special initiative of Shri A.K. Gupta – General Manager of Western Railway (WR), WR will introduce another innovative invention by upgrading old General Class coaches for First Class ticket holders in lieu of conventional First Class coaches.
It is worth mentioning that the manufacturing of First Class coaches have been discontinued by Railways as a policy matter. Old First Class coaches in service are almost phased out due to over-age.
Due to condemnation of First Class coaches and provision of GS coaches wise First Class in many trains over Western Railway especially between Mumbai and Surat, the First Class Season ticket holders are facing inconvenience since long.
There has been a consistent demand from passengers to provide suitable stock exclusively for them. Considering this demand, WR’s GM Shri Gupta directed concerned authorities to refurbish the coaches for First Class pass holders with various special features. Coaches that were provided earlier to First Class ticket holders were ordinary and were causing entry of Second Class passengers despite of specific markings.
According to a press release issued by Shri Ravinder Bhakar — Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, to meet the demand of our esteemed passengers and under the advice of WR Headquarters, Coaching Depot at Mumbai Central of Mumbai Division has refurbished a coach exclusively for First Class passengers. The coaches are a beautiful blend of eye catching features and take special care regarding comfort of passengers.
Shri A.K. Gupta — General Manager of Western Railway inspected the coach and lauded the features that have been incorporated in the new coach. This coach will facilitate First Class tickets holders of Train No. 12935/12936 Bandra Terminus — Surat Intercity Express with effect from lr September, 2018 Ex Bandra Terminus and in future all first class MST holders will be benefitted by upgraded coaches in all such trains like Flying RAnee, Valsad Passenger etc. Shri Bhakar briefed print and electronic media persons of this new initiative by WR.
The main Features of Upgraded coach for ‘First class ticket holders’ are as under:
- Designer vinyl wrap on exterior showcasing ‘Warli Paintings’, the traditional tribal an form of North Sahyadri Range, Maharashtra.
- Designer vinyl wrap on panels in the seating area for ambience enhancement. • Refurbished Toilets.
- Improved Flooring of the lavatories.
- Improved cushioning on seats for passenger comfort.
- Upper berths provided with cushioning.
- Stainless steel luggage racks.
- New design countertop SS wash basin.
- Separate dustbins for wet and dry waste.
- Fans with stainless Steel guard.
- Full LED Lighting.
- Wide mirrors on the wash basin with LED Mirror lights.
- Mobile Charging Points in each bay.
- Bio-Toilets in all lavatories.
- Venturi based ventilation system in toilets to remove foul smell.
- Educative announcement system regarding Bio-Toilets.
- Air freshener/odour neutraliser in lavatories.
- Good quality modern non-metallic health faucets.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Source: Western Railway