Date of Post: 07 Dec, 2018
Visakhapatnam: A special meeting was conducted in Amaravati recently to discuss the progress of Visakhapatnam Metro project. VMRDA (Visakhapatnam Metro Region Development Authority) Commissioner, Basanth Kumar and other officials were present.
The meeting witnessed the officials come up with a decision to make a proposal to the state government for the appointment of Chief Executive Officer for the metro project.
- VMRDA is set to assume key responsibility in Visakhapatnam metro project.
- Allocation of stations and the sale of tickets would also comprise the duties of VMRDA in the metro project, Basanth Kumar informed.
- The much awaited metro project is estimated to cost Rs 8300 crore.
- The 42.55 km long metro would be running across 3 corridors in the city.
The 3 corridors are-
- Gajuwaka to Kommadi (31 km)
- Gurudwara-Old Post Office (5.55 km)
- Thatichetlapalem-Chinna Waltair (6 km)
To know more about recent developments of Metro in India–
06 Dec, 2018: Alstom successfully delivers last train for Sydney Metro
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .