Date of Post: 14 Oct, 2017
Vizag: A pre-bid meeting was held for development of Visakhapatnam Metro Rail Project on an Innovative PPP model.
AMRC had issued an Expression of Interest (Eol)/Request for Qualification (RFQ) on 7th September 2017 to invite private developers to participate in the project.
Meeting Attended By Major Private Developers
The Pre-bid meeting was attended by major private developers, manufactures, investment companies and showed keen interest to participate in the project based on the innovative PPP model.
The Companies Are-
- Tata Realty
- IL&FS Rail
- Essel Infrastructure
- Prasarana group
- Based on the requests made by the private developers it has been decided to extend the date for submission of pre bid queries.
- The additional/ revised pre bid queries should reach the following by 23rd October 2017.
- With the DPR (Detailed Project Report) prepared by DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corp.) in 2015, the Metro rail project is proposed on 3 corridors on a total length of 42km.
- However, in February 2017, it was revalidated as per the PPP norms by UMTC (Urban Mass Transport Company).
- In the PPP mode, around 50 percent funds will be provided by the Central & State governments and the remaining has to come from the agency taking up the work.