Date Of Post: 28 Feb, 2018
Vizag: 5 firms have submitted bids for the Request for Qualification (RfQ), the first stage of bidding process invited by the AMRC (Amaravati Metro Rail Corporation Ltd) for the 43 kilometer long Visakhapatnam Metro Rail project.
The 5 firms are-
- Shapoorji Pallonji and Company Private Limited
- ESSEL Infraprojects Ltd.
- IL&FS Rail Limited
- Adani Enterprises Ltd.
- TRIL Urban Transport Private Limited
- The AMRC, under the aegis of the state government, will scrutinise the bids and shortlist the eligible firms for further notification of Request for Proposal (RfP), which will be the final invitation to eligible private players for the Rs 8,800 crore project.
- All the 5 firms submitted bids with a volume of documents, ranging between 1,500 to 2,000 pages, explaining their experience in taking up big PPP (Public Private Partnership) mode projects like airports, metro rails, elevated corridors etc, AMRC managing director N P Ramakrishna Reddy said.
- Reddy said,“We will take at least a month to thoroughly study their bid documents before shortlisting the eligible firms for further notification of RfP. We hope all these five would be shortlisted for the RfP, which will be invited in April this year.”
- He added, the receipt of RfP proposals from the firms and the selection of a suitable developer is proposed to be completed in another 5 months.
- The shortlisted firms will then apply for the RfP in collaboration with their partner companies, Reddy said.
- Reddy added,“Participation of such big companies in the RfQ stage is a clear indication that PPP is a viable model. We are confident the Vizag Metro Project is going to be a successful project under this model
Image Credit: Av9 – Wikimedia Commons