Date Of Post: 30 Nov, 2017
Vijayawada: The AMRC (Amaravati Metro Rail Corporation) has restarted the preparations for the construction of Light Metro Project (LMP) in Vijayawada city. Initially, a DPR (Detailed Project Report) would be prepared by an expert foreign consultancy for the LMP. The AMRC had started works afresh after the cancellation of Metro Project by the state government due to financial & administrative reasons.
New DPR To Be Prepared-
- Now, fresh DPRs will be prepared by an expert European company for the LMP in Vijayawada.
- The AMRC is redesigning the Metro Project with reduced cost.
Bids For DPR To Be Opened Today
- Tenders for allotment of works for preparation of DPR will be opened on November 30 in Germany.
- German-based company KWF funding for DPR preparation.
- The KWF has shortlisted five companies for allotment of work, which may be completed in five months.
The Five Shortlisted Companies Are-
- Egis Rail SA
- CPCS Transcom
- GRE Gauff Railway
- Rina consulting
One of these companies will be selected for the preparation of DPR.
AMRC Opted Light Metro-
- Now, the AMRC has opted LMP because it may be viable for smaller cities like Vijayawada.
- Earlier, Metro Project was estimated at Rs 7,000 crore.
- Now, the estimated cost of LMP is worth Rs 4,800 to Rs 5,500 crore due to construction of less passenger capacity corridors