Date Of Post: 01 Mar, 2018
Amaravati: Paris-based Systra Group started the work on preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Vijayawada Metro Rail Project on Wednesday. Experts of Systra met the Managing Director of AMRC (Amaravati Metro Rail Corporation) N P Ramakrishna Reddy, before starting a field visit of proposed 2 corridors of Metro Rail Project.
About The DPR:
- Reddy said,“Around 33 experts from Germany, France and India will be working on preparation of DPR for Vijayawada Metro Rail project. Initially, three experts, Thakur and Ahmed Siddiqui (both are from Systra) and Nameed Kumar (RITES) visited the city on Wednesday.”
- The DPR, to be prepared in compliance with Metro Rail Policy 2017.
- An official explained,“The DPR, once ready, will be sent for approval to the Union government. Following which, we will invite the expression of interest (EOI) cum request for quotation (RFQ) to identify a contractor for the project, which may take another six months or so.”
- Following the differences cropped up with the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation), the State government cancelled the medium metro project to Vijayawada and took a decision in favour of light metro following a feasibility report submitted by Australian Urban Transport expert Edward Dotson in August 2017.
- AMRC (Amaravati Metro Rail Corporation) invited bids requesting the engineering consulting services for preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) over the establishment of Light Metro Rail system for Vijayawada in last September.
- 8 consultant agencies submitted EoI to prepare DPR for Vijayawada Metro, and finally, Systra Consultants was selected.
Image Credit: SYSTRA