Date of Post: 28 June, 2018
Amaravati: Detailed Project Report (DPR) for metro rail project for Vijayawada, would be revised within 3 months, Minister for Municipal Administration P Narayana said. The DPR would be prepared for 65 km long metro corridor, Narayana said.
- On Wednesday, he reviewed the progress of metro project with AMRC (Amaravati Metro Rail Corporation) MD N P Ramakrishna Reddy and representatives of German development bank, KfW, and Systra at the Secretariat.
- Initially, the first DPR was prepared for 25 km long corridor and later it was extended to Gannavaram airport & Amaravati.
- “Now the government planned to extend it up to Jakkampudi,” he said.
- The DPR would be prepared as per new metro policy 2017 which could be submitted within 3 months.
- The KFW would provide Rs 8 crore for metro rail project.
Image Credit: Birgün Gazetesi
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .