Vijayawada: Krishna district Collector, B Lakshmikantham, had geared up the officials for getting ready for the prestigious Metro rail project for the city. He organised a review meeting with the officials of Municipal Corporation, railways, police, APTransco, irrigation, APSRTC, Roads and Buildings, AP Capital Region Development Authority, endowments and other departments.
- As the groundwork for the project is getting ready, the district Collector wanted the officials of all the departments concerned to get ready and keep the city at the disposal of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation to begin the project work.
- He had asked the officials to remove the electrical towers, lines, underground drinking water & drainage pipelines all along the project route.
- He also directed the police for preparing action plan to divert the vehicular traffic on the routes where the metro rail project would come up.
- He wanted the officials to transfer the government lands to the metro rail project to start the works on priority.
- Krishna district Joint Collector G Chandrudu, Kanakadurga Temple executive officer Suryakumari, city DCP Kranti Rana, Krishna district SP G Vijayakumar and other officials were present at the meeting.