Date of Post: 21 Feb, 2019
Nellore: Vice President M.Venkaiah Naidu formally launched and laid foundations for various flagship projects of Indian Railways at a programme here. He laid a foundation stone for the re-development of Nellore station with Rs. 147 Crore.
- He inaugurated new railway line between Venkatachalam-Velikallu and Obulavaripalli-Cherlopalli with Rs. 1,656 Cr.
- He also inaugurated FOB (Foot over Bridge) at south station constructed with Rs. 55 lakh.
- He also launched high-speed WiFi facility at Nellore, Gudur, and Renigunta stations;upgraded passenger facilities at Tirupati station with Rs. 11 Cr,( FOB) Foot Over Bridge and new booking, reservation counters at Tiruvottiyur railway station constructed with Rs. 1.42 Cr, and new booking office at Akkampet in Nellore with Rs. 25 lakh, also new subway at Gummidipoondi in Tamil Nadu which was constructed with Rs. 2 Cr.
- The minister said that he had earlier longed to complete modernization of Nellore Railway Station which realized now under PPP model.
- In the first phase Nellore and Tirupati stations are getting facilities and Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam would be taken up in the immediate phase for improving facilities, he also said.
- The government will be ready to dedicate Nadikudi-Kalahasti railway line shortly and (ADB) Agriculture Development Bank accepted in principle to provide finances for the Chennai-Bengaluru and Vizag-Chennai industrial corridors, he also said.
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )