Date Of Post: 03 Jan, 2018
Lucknow: The Yogi Adityanath government gave its nod for the setting up of the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation. An official spokesperson said, the decision was taken at a meeting of the state cabinet presided by Chief Minister Adityanath. The spokesperson said, the UP Metro Rail Corporation will be set up on the lines of Maharashtra Rail Corporation.
- As metro rail projects in different cities, through separate corporations, take a longer time in implementation, the cabinet decided to set up the UP Metro Rail Corporation.
- The spokesperson said, the LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) will be restructured & will be the given shape of a ‘single special purpose vehicle’.
- While inaugurating the Lucknow Metro rail service on September 05 2017, the chief minister had announced the decision to set up such a corporation.
- The CM has requested E Sreedharan, known as ‘Metroman’, to be the principal advisor to the proposed umbrella body which would explore launching metro rail services in Varanasi, Kanpur, Agra, Moradabad, Allahabad, Meerut, Gorakhpur, Jhansi & other cities.
- He had said,”In place of separate metro corporations, we will constitute UP Metro Corporation to run metro services in the state.”
- Also, the corporation will explore possibilities of mono rail services in some parts of the state.