Date of Post: 30 Oct, 2017
Ghaziabad: The Uttar Pradesh Housing & Development Board, on Friday, has released Rs 40 crore more for the Metro rail project in Ghaziabad.
GDA secretary Ravindra Godbole said,”The amount will be transferred by the GDA to DMRC on Monday. The release of funds is expected to boost and speed up construction work of the ongoing project. We expect to complete the project within the scheduled deadline.”
- Earlier this month, the housing board had released Rs 30.90 crore to the GDA for the metro project.
- Of the total Rs 2,210 crore, the board has a share of Rs 440.45 crore for the metro project.
- So far, the board has released a sum of Rs 120.90 crore in 3 instalments from its share of funds.
- The board has released two instalments totalling Rs 70.90 crore in October.
- The housing board is among the four stakeholder agencies in UP for the Metro project that will connect Dilshad Garden in Delhi with New Bus Stand in Ghaziabad.