Date of Post: 15 Sep, 2017
Ghaziabad: The Uttar Pradesh government approved the funding pattern for a Metro Rail line from Dilshad Garden to the new bus stand.
Ghaziabad Development Authority Secretary Ravendra Madhukar Godbole said that the approval came during an official meeting presided over by Chief Secretary Rajiv Kumar.
The funding pattern of this ambitious project stood resolved after the approval, he added.
This Metro Project Is Estimated To Cost Rs 2,210 Crore
- The GDA had paid its share of Rs 695.80 crore (approx US$ 109 Million), of the total Rs 2,210 crore (approx US$ 345.3 Million) required for the project.
- The local Municipal Corporation has to pay Rs 246.50 crore (approx US$ 38.5 Million), to be adjusted in GDA books for the land acquired by the authority.
- As per the Chief Secretary’s order, the Avas Vikas Parishad & Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation have to pay their share of Rs 440.45 crore (approx US$ 69 Million) & Rs 97 crore (approx US$ 15 Million), respectively, within 10 days to the GDA.
- The central government would pay its share of Rs 402.40 crore (approx US$ 63 Million), which was on hold for want of state government approval in the context of a revised DPR.
- The GDA official said, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) would adjust its own share of Rs 328 crore (approx US$ 51.2 Million) once the remaining amount was credited to its account.