Date Of Post: 17 Feb, 2018
Ghaziabad: On Friday, the Uttar Pradesh government allocated a budget of Rs 250 crore for the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS (Rapid Rail Transit System) corridor. The budgetary provision was made by the UP government in its budget presented for the 2018-19 fiscal.
About The Project-
- The corridor will pass through Delhi, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad city, Guldhar, Duhai, Muradnagar & Modinagar, and will terminate at Modipuram in Meerut.
- The high speed corridor is likely to start operation by 2024.
- The journey from Delhi to Meerut through the high speed train system is estimated to be just one hour.
- This corridor is part of 3 corridors — Delhi-Meerut, Delhi-Alwar & Delhi-Panipat — in the first phase of the RRTS.
- The central government in the Budget 2018-19 allocated Rs 659 crore for phase 1 of the RRTS.
- Sudhir Sharma, chief public relation officer, NCRTC, said,“The allocation of Rs 250 crore in the Uttar Pradesh budget for RRTS will boost the ongoing works related to RRTS phase I of NCRTC on Delhi- Meerut corridor. In the Union Budget, the government has allocated a sum of Rs 659 crore to this project.”