Date of Post : 21 June, 2017
New Delhi: The Union Urban Development ministry has approved the extension of the proposed Aerocity-Tughlaqabad & Defence Colony-Saket lines of metro rail upto Jaitpur & IGNOU, respectively. The announcement was made by BJP MP Ramesh Bidhuri here, on tuesday, after a meeting with Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu.
More Information –
- The announcement for the same was made by BJP MP Ramesh Bidhuri
- He met the Union minister & raised the demand of the Metro phase-4 lines.
- Bidhuri was quoted as saying in a statement,“Naidu directed the officers that the work on the 4th phase of Delhi Metro should be expedited and the approval for the extension of the 2 lines given today be forwarded to the Delhi government.”
- The Delhi government had approved the 4th phase of the Delhi Metro comprising 6 lines in July last year.
- The work on it was scheduled to start in the current year & expected to be completed in 3 years.