Date of Post: 02 July, 2018
Itanagar: Union Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain, accompanied by a team of Northeast Frontier Railways (NFR) officials, reviewed the status of ongoing railway projects in the Arunachal Pradesh. The survey work on two new railway lines have been completed, while 11 more are still in queue, a statement issued by the chief minister’s office said.
- In the statement, Chief minister Pema Khandu, appreciated NFR for the “rapid progress” in the survey work in the difficult terrains of the state.
- 3 of the 13 lines that are being reviewed by the Minister and other officials have been identified by the National Security Council Secretariat for defense ministry funding, it said.
- It said,”The surveys on Margherita-Deomali line, spanning 31km, and Lekhapani-Kharsang, covering 25km railway lines have been completed. Those currently under survey include Bhalukpong-Tawang, Silapathar-Bame-Aalo, Pasighat-Tezu-Parashuramkund- Rupai, Itakhola-Seijosa and Tinsukia-Pasighat via Simalguri-Kanubari.”
- The NFR has set December 2019 as the target to complete the survey work.
- The statement said,”The work on Bhalukpong-Tenga-Tawang railway line would be taken up on a priority basis due to its strategic importance. The new railway line, once completed, would shorten travel time to Tawang.“