Date Of Post: 09 Mar, 2018
New Delhi: The Tori-Balumath railway line, a crucial project for faster coal transportation from mines in Jharkhand to power plants, will be inaugurated today, the Railways ministry said. Manoj Sinha , Union Minister of State for Railways will inaugurate the railway line through video-conferencing and a train would also be flagged off on the newly-constructed section, the ministry said in a statement.
About The Project:
- The 19.3 km Tori-Balumath railway line in Jharkhand is part of the 44km long Tori-Shivpur section.
- The line was completed at a cost of Rs 1,063 crore.
- The railway line will facilitate faster transportation of coal from Central Coalfields Limiteds Magadh, Amrapali, Chandragupta and Sanghamitra open cast mines, the statement said.
- It said, the project is being funded by the coal major and implemented by the Eastern Railway.
- The railways earns a revenue of Rs 100 crore for every 1 MT of coal transported to around 500 km.
- The statement said, even if 100 MT is to be transported by Tori-Shivpur, this railway line will generate a revenue of around Rs 10,000 crore per annum (for an average lead of 500 km).
- This railway line will significantly reduce air pollution and carbon foot print.
- It will promote environmental friendly transportation of coal.
Image Credit: Eastern Railway