Date of Post: 19 Feb, 2019
Union Minister Rajen Gohain on Monday laid the foundation stone of a refurbishing facility of LHB coaches in New Bongaigaon in Assam and expressed hope that the new factory will provide direct and indirect employment to people in the region.
- More and more ancillary industries will also come up in the area and will provide employment to the people, speaking on the occasion, Gohain said.
- He said that the commissioning of the Bogibeel Bridge, introduction of various long distance trains, commissioning of new lines were major achievement of railways in the northeast and informed that the Centre has already approved electrification of entire 2,348 km track length including all branch lines in the Union Budget at a cost of Rs 4,435 crore.
- Stating that work of double line is already in progress in New Bongaigaon to Kamakhya via Goalpara section, the minister said another BG line to Kamakhya from New Bongaigaon via Rangiya with a bridge over Brahmaputra near the existing Saraighat Bridge is also on hand.
- NF Railway General Manager Sanjive Roy said, the factory will be built at an estimated cost of Rs 106 crore and will have the capacity to refurbish about 120 Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) coaches every year.
- Roy said, the shop will also have 4 buildings of 3500 square metre built-up area of housing various sections of Electrical, Mechanical, Civil works and other development facilities like scrap yard apart from provision of modern and environmental friendly State-of-the-Art facilities.
- He said that towards better safety and comfort to passengers, NF Railway has planned to replace coaches of long distance trains from this region with LHB coaches.
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )