Date of Post: 22 Feb, 2019
The Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain on Thursday dedicated the newly constructed double line section between Hojai and Habaipur in Assam and also inaugurated newly constructed station buildings at Hojai, Lanka, Dhalphukhuri and Habaipur.
- Work on double line of the Digaru to Hojai and from Habaipur to Lumding section is going on in full swing and would be completed by the end of March 2020, speaking on the occasion, Gohain said.
- He said, an amount of Rs 28,905 crore has been allocated since 2014 for construction of projects, which is about twice the fund of Rs 12,660 crore allocated during 2009 to 2014.
- Apart from commissioning of Bogibeel bridge, 6 new line projects, 3 gauge conversion projects and as many doubling projects totalling 1,299 km of track has been commissioned in the northeast since 2014, he also said.
- 3 new lines and 4 doubling projects worth Rs 16,312 crore have been sanctioned since 2014.
- 43 projects totalling Rs 98,000 crore are under progress, of which 25 are new lines, he said.
- The minister said, 11 of these are national projects and 3 of them have so far been completed.
- 40 new train services have been introduced in northeast region since May 2014, he added.
- The 20 km long newly-constructed broad gauge double line between Hojai and Habaipur is part of the Hojai-Lumding doubling project which was sanctioned in 2012-13.
- The revised cost of the entire project is approx Rs 615 crore.
- The new line has the potential to run passenger traffic at 100 kmph.
- The line will help in removing traffic congestion on the section and improve punctuality of trains on the crucial Guwahati-Lumding section.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )