Date of Post: 16 Aug, 2018
New Delhi: TVS Group’s Wheels India said it has commenced supply of suspension parts to the Indian Railways for use in LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) coaches. The company had plans to widen its customer base across the products it manufactures and reduce the cyclical impact of the segments it supplies to, it said.
- Company chairman S Ram at the company’s 59th Annual General Meeting, said,”Wheels India has started supplying bogie suspension parts for LHB coaches to the Integral Coach Factory. We plan to start supplies to other railway factories in the coming year and see a strong demand from Railways for the next 2 to 3 years.”
- The company, which also serves the construction and mining equipment sectors, hoped that the increased demand witnessed last year would continue in the coming years, Ram said.
- On the forged aluminium wheels business, he said Wheels India was focused on export of forged aluminium wheels for trucks & trailors.
- “In the latter part of the year, we expect this business to show good growth after new capacities are in place”.
- On the company’s upcoming factory in Gujarat, being set up in association with Japan-based TOPY Industries, company Managing Director Srivats Ram said “TOPY is the leading wheel manufacturer in Japan for the car industry”.
- He said,”Being aligned with them, we get into new models that these Japanese manufacturers introduce in the country”.
About the Wheels India:
Wheels India Limited is company promoted by the TVS Group, India’s largest auto component manufacturers. Starting with a bus service in 1911, the TVS Group has grown to become one of India’s largest business houses with businesses in two wheelers, vehicle dealerships & logistics and auto components which had a turnover of over USD 7 Billion (FY 2012-13).
Wheels India (established in 1962) is one of the largest steel wheel manufacturers in the world. The company had turnover of USD 375 Million (FY 2012-13) coming from the segments of Cars/ UVs, Commercial vehicles, Tractors, Single Piece wheels and Construction & Earth Mover wheels. The company also manufactures air suspension kits for trucks and buses. With over 15 % of its turnover coming from exports, particularly from the Construction & Earth Mover equipment segment, it is truly a global player in the auto components industry.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .