Date of Post: 31 Oct, 2018
Bolangir: On Tuesday, a trial run conducted on the newly laid railway track from Bolangir to Bhainsapali railway station on the Khurda-Bolangir route by the ECoR (East Coast Railway). The CRS (Commissioner of Railway Safety) along with Sambalpur DRM (Divisional Railway Manager), and a team of senior Railway officials and engineers inspected the 19-km railway line.
- The Trains will start its operation from Bolangir to Bhainsapali railway station after the safety inspection of the railway tracks.
- The new railway line will connect those districts which have no railway network like Boudh and Subarnapur.
- The single line will also have a new station between Nayagarh and Nuagaon.
- The Ministry of Railways has commissioned 66 km Khurda Road-Nayagarh stretch out of the 289 km Khurda-Bolangir new railway line.
- The Centre in the 2018 Union Budget had sanctioned Rs 625 crore to Khurda Road-Bolangir railway project.
- The project may be completed in 2020.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
30 Oct, 2018 : India’s First Semi-High Speed Train “Train 18” Flagged Off
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst.
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India.
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.