Date of Post: 29 Dec, 2018
Train 18, which has already gained a maximum speed of 180kmph during trials, will undergo another trial run on Saturday between Delhi and Allahabad in preparation for its commercial run on the route from January, a senior official said. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to flag off the train by mid-January, the official said.
- It is expected to reach the holy city by 7:20am, completing the 665-km journey in 6 hours and 20 minutes at a speed of around 110 kmph.
- This is approx 2 hours less that what Rajdhani takes to complete the journey.
- On its return journey, the train will depart at 14:00 pm the same day and reach Delhi at 20:25pm.
- The railways is keen to make sure that there are no issues with the train once it is operationalised and wants to try it on the route on which it will run to ensure that there are no anomalies, the official said.
- Sources said that the state-of-the-art train is expected to run between Delhi and Varanasi.
- Earlier, the CCRS (Chief Commissioner Railway Safety) gave the go-ahead to run the train at a maximum speed of 160kmph but 20 conditions have been imposed, including fencing along the tracks.
- For a maximum speed of 130kmph, the CCRS has suggested fencing at vulnerable points to avoid any accident.
- The Railways had already successfully conducted a speed trial of the Train-18 at the Moradabad and Kota sections.
- During Trials, the train clocked 180 kmph between Kota and Kurlasi on December 2.
- The 16-coach train will have 2 executive compartments with 52 seats each, and trailer coaches will have 78 seats each.
- The Train 18 comes fitted with amenities on a par with the best in the world.
The Train 18 amenities including-
- On-board WiFi
- GPS-based passenger information system
- Touch-free bio-vacuum toilets
- LED lighting
- Mobile charging points
- A climate control system that adjusts the temperature according to occupancy and weather
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .