Date of Post : 22 June, 2017
MUMBAI: MMRC (Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation) has received good response from top global firms from Europe, China & Japan for the pre-qualification bids invited to procure 31 trains of Eight-car for the Metro 3 underground corridor (Colaba-Bandra-Seepz).
These Firms Showed Interest in Supplying Train Sets –
- Mitsubishi Corporation, Japan
- Alstom Transport India Ltd India & Alstom Transport S.A France (Consortium)
- CAF S.A, Spain
- CRRC Nanjing
- CRRC Changchun & CRRC International Corporation Ltd China (Consortium)
- Hitachi Ltd, Japan
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries Japan & BHEL (Consortium) India
Further Information –
- After JICA concurrence, MMRC will expeditiously complete the PQ evaluation process followed by inviting tenders (RFP) from short-listed firms.
- “To cater to heavy passenger loads, the state-of-the-art rolling stock will be procured, which will also be equipped with the features of driver-less train operations,” said MMRC Director (Projects), S K Gupta.
- The contract will include design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing & commissioning of Metro Trains/Rolling Stock.