Date of Post : 17 Aug, 2017
Tiruchi: The Tiruchi-Manamadurai railway section will be declared a green corridor Very soon. Southern Railway is all set to replace conventional toilets with bio-toilets in all coaches of trains passing through this section (excluding Tiruchi railway junction).
In 2016, Already, Madurai Division of Southern Railway chugged on with the honour of creating the Ist-ever green corridor of India’s railway network between Manamadurai & Rameswaram.
- Along with the 114 kilometer line of Ist green corridor, the new section will make Tiruchi-Manamadurai-Rameswaram line the longest green corridor of Railways, running to a distance of About 265 kilometer long.
- Senior Divisional Mechanical Engineer Jay Prakash said,“At present, all the trains, except Pallavan Express, that pass through this section have been provided with bio-toilets. The retrofitment of bio-toilets in this train is under way at Madurai Railway Depot.”
- All the 4 toilets of each of the 24 coaches would be fitted with the undergear tank for bio-toilets along with strengthening of undergear & modification of pipelines.
- He said,“It takes at least two days for the retrofitment work in each of the coaches. We are expected to complete the work in two months.”
- He said,“The work of cleaning platforms of night soil will be done away with, giving a better and hygienic atmosphere.”