Date of Post: 02 Nov, 2017
Assam: Texmaco Rail & Engineering Limited has bagged a USD 67.7 million (around Rs 435 crore) contract from the Bangladesh railway ministry for construction of a rail line between India and Bangladesh.
“It has been awarded a contract, valuing USD 67.7 million, by the Ministry of Railway, Bangladesh Government,” Texmaco Rail and Engineering Ltd said.
About The Contract
- The contract is for construction of 45 km long dual gauge railway line, including railway stations buildings, level crossing gates and a Customs house building through North Eastern Border area in Maulavibazar district of Bangladesh adjoining Karimganj of Assam, state of India.
- The rail route is expected to enhance trade and passenger transportation between the two countries by opening a new Customs checkpost.
About The Rail Line-
- The line segment is planned to be constructed within 18 months by the EPC Division – Kalindee Rail Nirman of the company.
- Track would be made with high standards of Railway construction specifications to cany 25 Ton axle load to ease transportation of heavy goods & commodities between the two countries.
- It is a part of an ambitious multinational “TRANS ASIA RAILWAY NETWORK” program.