Date of Post: 24 Oct, 2017
Kazipet: The Telangana government will soon tie-up with a consortium of industries for setting up a rail coach factory in the state, a senior official said. The exact date for signing the MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) has not yet been fixed as the state Assembly is slated to begin from October 27, the official said.
Government All Set To Enter Into MoU
- The official said,“The government is all set to enter into an MoU with some of the industries which are pioneers in the sector. The date for the MoU is not yet fixed. Tentatively, it may be some time during next week. It depends on the timings of the Assembly session.”
- The state was promised a rail coach factory at Kazipet as part of Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act.
- Land For Setting Up Coach Unit Identified
- The land for setting up the rail coach unit has been identified & the state government is yet to hand over the land parcel to Railways, a senior official of South Central Railway said.
- The railway official said,“About 200 acres of land has been identified for the coach factory. Recently, railway officials had a meeting with Deputy Chief Minister Kadiyam Srihari on the issue. The land has to be handed over to us to proceed further.”
- The official added, the finer details, such as location of the plant & investment size, will be announced at the time of signing the agreement.