Date Of Post : 20 Feb, 2018
Hyderabad: The state government issued orders to constitute a task force on urban mobility to study the monorail model in the IT corridor of the city.
Integrating & Synergising Modes Of Transportation-
- An official release said, Municipal Administration Minister K T Rama Rao underlined the need to integrate & synergise various modes of mass transportation systems such as metro rail, buses, monorail, MMTS, tram, e-vehicles and other models, keeping in view the present traffic density & emerging traffic requirement for the next 5 decades.
- It said, the minister also felt that Outer Ring Road (ORR), national & state highways, and satellite towns as well as urban local bodies within a radius of 100 kms from the city also need to be kept in view while integrating & synergising various modes of transportation.
- The release stated,”As per the directions of the minister, the government constituted a task force comprising government and members from the corporate sector to study the monorail model.”
- It added, Principal Secretary, Municipal Administration & Urban Development, will be the member convenor of the committee.
- The release said, the committee would suggest the corridors for phase-II & phase-III of the metro rail project and also propose best and most economical ways of transport, including monorail, tram, e-vehicles, and any other such rail or road connectivity on various routes in a synergetic manner.
- The panel would also suggest various methods of funding such projects and raising resources including PPPs, joint ventures & annuity funding.
- It added, the committee would submit its recommendations to the government.
Image Credit: Hari Om Parkash – Wikimedia Commons