Date of Post: 1 Feb, 2019
TATA Projects Limited announced today that its Underground Mumbai Metro Line-3 has achieved ground breakthrough at Dadar. The twin TBMs (Tunnel Boring Machines), Krishna 1 & 2, lowered in from Nayanagar, Dharavi, started operations in Oct-Nov 2017 and completed Dadar Metro station on 31 January, 2019.
- More Information:
- Krishna 1 & 2 made their way drilling daily through the rocky strata made of Basalt grade 3 & 2, breccia grade 4, 3 & 2 and tuff grade 4 & 3.
- They charted their course from Nayanagar launching shaft.
- The 108m long Krishna 1 & 2 TBMs bored, on an average, 10 to 12m daily shaping the tunnel with a total of 1779 RCC cement rings each.
- These boring machines are equipped with Earth Pressure Balance Technology.
- “This is the 3rd important tunnelling milestone in Mumbai Metro Line 3 & the credit goes to our engineers, supervisors, workers & other stakeholders,” Ms. Ashwini Bhide, Managing Director, MMRC said.
- She said,”We intend to and are steadfastly working towards realising Mumbaikar’s dream of faster, comfortable and efficient commute at the earliest.”
- “We are happy to complete the work in the stipulated time and with utmost concern and care for Mumbaikars along the route alignment,” Mr. Rahul Shah, COO (Chief Operating Officer) of Urban Infra, TATA Projects Ltd said.
- “This was a very smooth operation with least hindrance to traffic as possible, with the cooperation and support of MMRC officials and the traffic authorities,” he said.
- MMRC announced, overall 18 Kilometer of tunnelling work has been completed till now.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )