Date of Post : 31 July, 2017
CHENNAI: The Tamil Nadu government sought speedy clearances to select infrastructure projects in Chennai & other parts of the state.
It also sought early repayment of Rs 17,074 crore (Approx US$ 2667.81 Million) in central dues.
Presenting a memorandum to Union finance minister Arun Jaitley, the state finance minister D Jayakumar sought centre’s clearance for the phase-II of Metro Rail project.
The phase-II of the ambitious mass commuter project may stretch over 104 km long, aimed at linking suburban areas to the city.
- Also, the memorandum sought central clearance for an additional 400 MLD (Million Litres a Day) desalination project for water deficient Chennai.
- This project costs nearly Rs 5,300 crore (approx US$ 828.13 Million).
- Now, Chennai has 2 100 MLD plants, one each in Minjur & Nemili.
People Also Viewed :
- 18 July, 2017 CMRL To Provide Free Wi-Fi Facility at Stations & Trains
- 25 November, 2017 Chennai Metro Update: JICA To Fund 50% Of Metro Phase-II Project In Chennai
- 26 July, 2017 CMRL Adopted A Mechanism To Save 2,000 Litres Of Water Every Day
- 15 July, 2017 Japan Awaits Centre’s Nod For Funding the Next Phase of Chennai Metro Rail
- 20 October, 2017 State Government Will Sign Agreement With JICA For Second Phase Of Chennai Metro Rail Project By March 2018
- 15 November, 2017 Second Phase Of Chennai Metro Rail Project To Cost Around Rs 80,000 Crore As Per The Revised Detailed Project Report
- 23 August, 2017 Pune Metro To Provide These Facilities for the Commuters Convenience
- 30 December, 2017 Chennai Metro Update: Track Laying From Government Estate To AG-DMS To Begin Soon By L&T & Kalindee Rail Nirman Engineers Ltd
- 8 September, 2017 German Development Bank KfW Expressed Interest To Provide Funds For Coimbatore Metro Rail Project
- 2 February, 2018 Chennai Metro Update: State Industries Minister Sh. M C Sampath Inspects Construction Work In Saidapet, AG-DMS and Central Metro Stations