The DPR for Surat metro project , which is under revision , is likely to be approved by the local authorities this month-end.
- The 40 km metro corridor in Surat will have 2 corridors and 38 stations.
- The Budget for the Surat metro rail is Rs 12,600 crore and It is expected to become operational in 2023.
- The revised DPR proposes setting up of 4 elevated stations of the total 38 rail stations on public private partnership (PPP) mode at a cost of Rs 111.88 crore
- Empty spaces on both sides of the metro rail would be utilized for development projects under central government’s transit oriented policy (TOP) .
- The work on the metro rail project is expected to be launched in the beginning of 2019.
Image Credit : Gaurav Path