* Indian Railways has installed 2,907 bio-toilets in 38 trains that run through Gujarat
* It has ensured on-board housekeeping services in 40 trains, since April 2014.
* Indian Railways officials said that Gandhinagar and Surat stations will be developed as Multi Modal Transport Hubs with state-of-the-art facilities.
* They further said that the new Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) coaches have been introduced in Karnavati Express and Gujarat Mail trains, as well as in two pairs of trains between Mahuva and Bandra Terminus and one pair between Veraval and Bandra Terminus.
* The officials said that the speed of 42 trains was increased in 2015 and of 124 in 2016.
* The speed of Rajdhani, August Kranti, and Shatabdi Express that run from Mumbai to Ahmedabad, or pass elsewhere through Gujarat, has been increased to 130 kmph in the Godhra-Virar section.