Date Of Post: 12 Jan, 2018
Gurugram: The Haryana government has green-lit a proposal to set up Multi Modal Transit Centres (MMTC) at Gurugram, Faridabad, Bahadurgarh & Kundli, an official spokesman said. He said that the government has also selected the sites for the same.
- The sites selected in Gurugram include Kher ki Daula near the proposed metro station, Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) station and bus stand adjoining the junction of Chhapra & Naihati, on the land of HSIIDC (Haryana State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation) acquired in transport & communication zone.
- The spokesman said, similarly, the 2nd site of MMTC would be near Panchagaon Chowk adjoining the proposed metro station & RRTS station, where the panchayat land is available.
- The site in Faridabad was near Ballabhgarh Metro Station, bus stand & railway station on the land of state transport department, he said.
- In Bahadurgarh, the site for MMTC includes existing bus stand adjoining metro station with a stipulation that the bus stand would continue to be used as intra-city bus stand.
- In Kundli, the site would be between RRTS stations of Rajiv Gandhi Education City (RGEC) & Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) interchange on the acquired land of HSIIDC, the spokesman added.
Image Credit: UITP India