Date of Post: 14 Nov, 2017
Hyderabad: The State government is waiting for an official communication from the Prime Minister’s Office regarding the inauguration of the first phase of Hyderabad Metro Rail project. The State is keen on inauguration of the project by the Prime Minister as the Hyderabad Metro Rail had several firsts to its credit.
The Biggest Project In PPP Model
- The project has set a record as the biggest project in PPP (Public-Private Partnership) mode in the railways sector.
- The first phase of the project spanning 30 km between Nagole & Miyapur was the longest of its kind in the country as similar projects in other States were launched over much shorter distances, Municipal Administration Minister K. T. Rama Rao said.
- He told the Legislative Assembly,“We are keen that Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi inaugurate the project since it has several firsts to its credit. There is no official communication from the Prime Minister’s Office as yet.”
The Project Between Nagole & Miyapur
- The metro project between Nagole & Miyapur was complete in stretches last year itself, but the government wanted an end-to-end solution to commuters on the 30km long stretch.
- The number of trains required for the project was estimated at 57 & all of them had already arrived in the State.
- Rao said,“In fact, the Chief Minister had sent two trains to Nagpur on the request of Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis who asked for assistance in bridging the shortfall in their project.”