Date of Post: 11 Feb, 2019
Agra: Decks are now clear for introduction of metro-rail in Agra with the state government allocating Rs 175 crore for the project last week, officials said.
The state government has allocated Rs 175 crore for the Metro project in Agra, following clearance from the Public Investment Board (PIB) last week.
- The city has grown in size and population, district officials said.
- Secretary of Agra Development Foundation, KC Jain, said that the demand for an efficient transport system has now been met, though the project will take at least 5 years.
- The proposed Metro network will be around 30 km and will run on two routes.
- The Agra metro project cost was estimated to Rs 13,781 crores.
- Now it has been made Rs 8,262 crores.
To know more about recent developments of Agra Metro–
13 July, 2017: Groundwork for Agra Metro Rail Project May finally begin
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )