Date of Post: 07 Sep, 2017
GUWAHATI: On Wednesday, the State Cabinet gave green light for implementation of the ambitious Metro Rail project in Guwahati.
“To ease the growing traffic congestion in Guwahati, the cabinet has approved the implementation of the metro rail project. The Detailed Project Report (DPR) prepared by the Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority has been submitted,” Transport Minister Chandramohan Patowary said.
- On 29 Feb 2016, former state CM Tarun Gogoi had laid the foundation stone of the project.
- The proposed project to be implemented by the SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) Guwahati Metro Rail Corporation Limited.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs 18,020 crore.
- The Central and State governments will each contribute 3,475 crore (20%) of the total cost while local development bodies will contribute Rs 350 crore (2.01%).
- The remaining Rs 10,074 crore (57.99%) of the cost will be funded through foreign lenders.