Date Of Post: 05 Apr, 2018
Kolkata: The South Eastern Railway has loaded 150.76 million tonnes of revenue earning freight in 2017-18, registering a growth of 2.05% over the previous fiscal, a senior SER official said. SER spokesman Sanjoy Ghosh said, an incremental loading of coal of 9.28% over the previous fiscal contributed to the growth in freight loading this year.
- In 2016-17, the SER achieved a freight loading of 147.73 million tonnes.
- The major commodities that the SER transported this financial year are-
- 85.51 million tonnes of iron ore
- 27.45 million tonnes of coal
- 15.93 million tonnes of pig iron and finished steel
- 10.24 million tonnes of cement
- 4.62 million tonne merchandised goods
- 3.18 million tonne raw materials for steel plants
- 1.52 million tonnes of petroleum products
Image Credit: South Eastern Railway