Date Of Post: 16 May, 2018
Kolkata: During the first month of current financial year i.e. April, 2018, South Eastern Railway (SER) has earned Rs 1,017.12 crores from originating freight traffic which is Rs 109.44 crores more than the corresponding month of last year i.e. April 2017 thus registering a growth of 12.06%.
- This growth in freight earnings has been possible due to increase in freight loading in April, 2018.
- During the month of April 2018, SER loaded 11.89 million tonnes of freight which is 0.47 million tonnes more than that of April, 2017 recording a growth of 4.12%.
- The major components of this freight loading are-
- 5.96 million tonnes of Iron Ore
- 2.72 million tonnes of Coal
- 1.21 million tonnes of Pig-Iron & Finished Steel
- 1.03 million tonnes of Cement
Image Credit: South Eastern Railway
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .