Date Of Post: 31 Mar, 2018
Secunderabad: South Central Railway (SCR) and M/s. Kesoram Industries Limited have signed a Long Term Tariff Contract (LTTC) agreement on Friday at Secunderabad. This Scheme gives long term stability & certainty in the freight tariff rates to corporate freight Customers of Indian Railways. Once a customer enters into this LTTC Contract with Railways, the freight tariff rate will remain fixed for one year.
- This gives predictability & stability in freight rates and helps the customers to plan their logistics for that year, without worrying about change in rates.
- The scheme also gives incentives to the freight customers in the form of freight discounts, if the customer exceeds the previous year’s freight contribution.
- It is a growth linked incentive, the higher freight the customer contributes over previous year, the higher the discount.
- In a brief ceremony held, on Friday, at Rail Nilayam, Secunderabad Shri M.G.Sekharam, Principal Chief Commercial Manager, South Central Railway and Dr. C.K.Jain, Manufacturing Operations Head of M/s. Kesoram Industries Limited signed this agreement for a period of 5 years.
- Shri Vinod Kumar Yadav, General Manager, SCR advised freight customers and major Cement manufacturing companies to enter into such agreement to avail the freight concession as well as fixed tariff rate for the goods being transported by Rail.
Image Credit: South Central Railway