Date of Post: 29 Sep, 2017
HYDERABAD: The South Central Railway (SCR) has entered into an agreement with Orient Cements Ltd for transporting cement for 5 years.
In a brief ceremony at Rail Nilayam, Secunderabad on Thursday, the Financial Adviser & Chief Accounts Officer(General) Smt. Purna.M.Cherla; Principal Chief Commercial Manager Shri M.G.Sekharam of South Central Railway & Shri Rahul Desmukh, Chief Operating Officer of M/s Orient Cements Limited signed an agreement for a period of 5 years.
- Orient Cements is the 3rd such Cement Company to sign such agreement with South Central Railway.
- M/s UltraTech Cements Limited & M/s The India Cement Limited have already signed such an agreement with South Central Railway.
Railways Innovative Freight Tariff Scheme
- In order to give long-term stability & predictability to the freight tariff rates, Railways has introduced an innovative freight tariff scheme for corporate freight customers.
- Once a customer enters into this contract with Railways, the freight tariff rate will remain fixed for one year period.
- SCR said in a press release,”This gives predictability and stability in freight rates and helps the customers to plan their logistics for the entire year besides incentives to the freight customers in the form of freight discounts, if the customer exceeds the previous year’s freight contribution”.
- It is a growth linked incentive, the higher freight the customer contributes over previous year, the higher the discount.