Date of Post: 28 Aug, 2018
New Delhi: About 75% work of skywalk at the ITO area has been completed and it is likely to be inaugurated by September-end or early October, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said on Saturday. The more than 600 metre long skywalk will connect Sikandra Road, Mathura Road, Tilak Marg and Bahadurshah Zafar Marg with Pragati Maidan and ITO Metro stations and the Supreme Court.
- Sisodia, who along with PWD Minister Satyendar Jain inspected the site of the project said this would be a “beautiful infrastructure” in the city.
- Sisodia said,”The work began in April, about 75 per cent work is over, and by September end or first week of October, it should be ready. This along with the Signature Bridge slated to open in October, would be two new gifts to the people of Delhi before Diwali.”
- He said,”From metro stations here, people would be able to go directly to nearby locations, like ITO, Tilak Marg and Supreme Court, etc, without the need to step out on to the street from the stations.”
- Once the skywalk becomes operational, authorities are expecting a footfall of nearly 30,000 per day.
- The total worth of the project is around Rs 54 crore.
- Jain said,”The project will be completed in six months. It will have glass lifts an solar-powered utilities and CCTV cameras. It will be very user-friendly.”
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .