Date of Post: 12 Dec, 2018
Indian Railways’ fleet of Shatabdi Express and Rajdhani Express trains will offer a jerk-free journey to passengers from March 2019, officials said. All the Shatabdi Express trains departing from New Delhi have been fitted with modern couplers, a senior Railway official said.
- The official said,”As of now, all the Shatabdi Express trains under Northern Railways have already received this upgrade.”
- “The old couplers in all of its premium train fleet of Rajdhanis and Shatabdis will be replaced by March 2019,” he added.
- A coupler is a device that connects coaches with each other.
- The railways is changing the age-old couplers with newly developed Centre Buffer Coupler (CBC) with balanced draft gear, according to the official.
- The standard coupler on connecting LHB coaches had some issues which resulted in jerks during rides, the official said.
- The new version of the CBC has high-capacity shock absorbers which ensure that jerks are not felt in case of braking and during acceleration, resulting in making the ride smoother for passengers.
- After changing the old couplers from the fleet of Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains, the upgradation process for other trains will be undertaken, he said.
- Since 2017, the Indian Railways, while focusing on enhancing on-board passenger amenities and comfort, has taken a massive upgradation work of its stock under Project ‘Swarn’ and ‘Utkarsh’, with many features such as modular toilets and cleaner coaches.
To know more about recent developments of Railways–
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .