Date of Post: 05 Dec, 2018
The Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) on Tuesday approved the second phase of the Aqua Line Metro link from Noida Sector 71 to Knowledge Park-V in Greater Noida. The extension will cost Rs. 2,602 crore, officials said. This decision was taken at the Authority’s 113th board meeting.
- NMRC would be the nodal agency for the project.
- The project will be carried out in two phases.
- There will be a total of 9 metro stations on the route, 5 stations in the first phase and 4 stations in second phase.
- The first phase of the project from Noida Sector 71 to Greater Noida Sector 2 is expected to cost around Rs 1521 crore, officials said.
- Of the 9 metro stations, 2 will be in Noida and 7 will be in Greater Noida.
- The stations in Noida are sectors 122 & 123 and the stations in Greater Noida are sector 4, Ecotech 12, sectors 2, 3, 10, 12 and Knowledge Park-V.
- “The Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the project has been approved by the government and we will kick-start the construction of first phase soon,” GNIDA Chairman and Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh Government, Anup Chandra Pandey said.
- Both Noida and Greater Noida authorities will bear the cost of the construction of the proposed metro line.
To know more about recent developments of Noida Metro-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .