Date of Post: 2 Feb, 2019
South Central Railway (SCR) on Thursday said it has transported more than 100 MTs (Million Tonnes) in freight upto January 31 in the present fiscal and earned Rs 8,655 cr. SCR CPRO Ch. Rakesh said in a release, “A record 100.052 MTs of highest ever freight up to 31 January, 2019 has been transported during current financial year.”
- He said, the achievement in freight loading is about 17.433 MTs more when compared to the last financial year loading for the same period, which was 82.619 MTs.”
- The SCR also reached new heigh of Rs 8,655 Crore in freight earnings.
- Rakesh said, these earnings registered a growth of about 26%, resulting in Rs 1,764 Crore more revenue as compared to the 2018 fiscals freight revenue.
- He said, SCR is likely to reach 120 MTs by the end of current financial year.
- Amongst the major commodities contributed for the record loading are:
– The loading of Coal to the extent of 53.555 MTs
– Cement Loading was 22.948 MTs
– Fertilizers 5.374 MTs
– Imported Iron Ore loading 5.183 MTs
– Food Grains 3.925 MTs
– Raw Material for Steel Plants 2.275 MTs
– Loading of other goods was 5.07 MTs
- It added, the improvement in loading as compared to 2018 was majorly due to increase in loading of coal by 31%.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )