Date of Post: 28 Oct, 2017
Pune: Schindler India, plans to invest Rs 100 crore (approx US$ 15.4 Million) to set up an escalator manufacturing facility at its Chakan plant in Pune. The new facility is expected to be operational by June next year. The new facility will have a capacity to manufacture 1,100 escalators a year.
Schindler Future Plannings In India
- Schindler India also plans to set up its corporate office Schindler House in Mumbai with an investment of Rs 30-40 crore by next year.
- With growing demand, the company intends to enhance its employee strength from 4,000 to 6,500 in three years.
- It plans to enter Bihar and Jammu & Kashmir markets besides exploring neighbouring countries such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal.
Demand For Escalator Growing
- The demand for escalator is growing at a steady pace from the Railways, new Metro Rail projects and with foot-over-bridges being constructed across major cities, Uday Kulkarni, President, India & South Asia, Schindler India, said.
- He said,“Till recently, we were meeting the demand for escalators by importing it from China and other parts of the world. The cost of escalator will come down with the new plant going on stream and the business achieves scale.”
- The company has already invested Rs 470 crore (approx US$ 72.4 Million) at the Pune plant which has manufacturing capacity of 12,000 elevators a year.