Date of Post : 26 Aug, 2017
Coimbatore: The Salem division of Southern Railways launched app-based cab services at Coimbatore North & Podanur stations.
The service helps rail passengers avail of last mile connectivity without much hassle.
- Raveendran, Station Manager, Coimbatore North, introduced it in Coimbatore (N), while Jayakumaran Nair, Station Manager, Podanur launched the service at Podanur station.
- A release from Southern Railway, Salem Division said, Eagle Fleet Services will operate the service through Go Taxi & Red Taxi.
- The annual earnings of these 2 contracts is expected at around Rs 16 lakh per annum.
- An area of 400 sq mt. in Coimbatore North & an area of 480 sq mt. in Podanur has been allotted for parking the fleet of app-based cab services.
People Also Viewed :
- 6 June, 2017 Railways To Install 130 CCTV cameras at Secunderabad railway station & 59 at Nampally station
- 9 January, 2018 8,500 Railway Stations Across India To Get Wi-Fi facilities by March 2019 at Rs 700 Crore
- 19 June, 2017 Tenders For CoD and Radio Services To Be Floated Next Week
- 28 April, 2017 Railways Gets share From Nirbhaya Fund for CCTVs, Ladies Special Trains & Ladies Compartments
- 11 December, 2017 Railways To Introduce App-Based Online Taxi Facility At Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station From Tuesday
- 21 November, 2017 Indian Railways To Use Artificial Intelligence For Monitoring Signal
- 19 June, 2017 Railways All Set To Equip Main Trunk Routes With High Speed Mobile Communication System
- 10 February, 2018 Northern Railway Gets Rs 9,000 Crore In Budget 2018-19 To Modernise Its Entire Signalling System
- 12 June, 2018 Prime Minister Narendra Modi Asks Indian Railways To Use Technology Developed Through ‘Make in India’ For Its Rs 78,000 Crore New Signalling Project
- 16 February, 2018 To Make Railway Safe, Indian Railways To Build Most Modern Signalling System: Piyush Goyal