Date of Post: 22 Oct, 2018
State-run steel maker, SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd) said it is gearing up for supply of wheels for newly introduced LHB (Linke Hoffman Busche) coaches for the railways. SAIL Chairman Anil Kumar Chaudhary visited company’s plant at Durgapur in West Bengal as part of the series of large group interactions.
- During the interaction, he said,”SAIL is geared up to supply wheels for LHB coaches to Indian Railways which are currently being imported by them. Currently, SAIL is the only domestic producer of forged wheels which are used for high speed trains and locomotives.”
- He also urged the Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP) collective to ensure the timely delivery of wheels and axles to Indian Railways as per their requirement.
- In its endeavour to effectively participate in ‘Make in India’, SAIL DSP has also recently started supplying metro railway wheels for Kolkata Metro Railways.
- Earlier Kolkata Metro used to import its entire requirements of such wheels.
- Stressing on the utmost priority to maintain and adopt safety as a habit at work place, Chaudhary said that SAIL has to gain the volumes in production and maintain quality while remaining cost competitive to succeed in today’s market.
- He further said, SAIL has the potential, modern technological means and leadership abilities in every sphere of production and the company must triumph.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .